How To Stop Food Cravings
I used to love to eat gourmet jellybeans – the kind that comes in quirky flavors like popcorn, bubblegum, blueberry pie etc…
As soon as I began eating these jellybeans, I’d become deaf to my inner voice’s warnings:
“Yo! Karen! Enough! You’re full! The bag’s nearly empty! STOP!!!!!”
I used to call these jellybeans my “Kryptobite” – because a few bites worked like Kryptonite on me – rendering me powerless over my cravings.
We all have our “Kryptobite” foods! Perhaps yours is chocolate, cake, candy bars, pizza, cheese, ice cream, french fries, chips, cupcakes, donuts…?
Happily I found a way to turn up my willpower for jellybeans, and turn down my cravings (Note: This is an NLP tool I share in my groundbreaking DO IT PROGRAM.)
I discovered the following via Google:
JELLY BEANS, CANDY CORN AND GLAZED CANDIES ARE ALL COVERED IN “SHELLAC” AND/OR “CONFECTIONER’S GLAZE” – WHICH ARE EACH CODE NAMES FOR “BUG EXCRETIONS.”
Shellac makes things nice and shiny. But the ingredients in the shellac on your candy is not so nice. It’s a “secretion” from a Thailand insect, a beetle called “Kerria laca.” Yes, that’s true! And I’m even wording it nicely.
Let me be more blunt: Jellybeans have bug poop on them!
As soon as I linked jellybeans with “bug poop” my desire for these Kryptobites completely faded away. I stopped thinking jellybeans were yummy – and swapped in thinking jellybeans are yucky!
This “Yummy to Yucky Tool” is one based in “Neuro Linguistic Programming” (NLP) – because it’s all about mindfully linking specific word associations to specific foods. In my DO IT PROGRAM I share a lot of tools from “Neuro Linguistic Programming” (NLP).
Below I am sharing more about how to use my “Yummy to Yucky Tool.” Scroll on down!
I know the tools in my DO IT PROGRAM digital course are effective – because these tools helped me to finally stop eating crappy foods – and lose 20 pounds in 3 months – and keep the weight off for over 5 years – and counting!
“Yummy To Yucky” Tool #1:
Think of a Kryptobite food. Now, think about something gross – like cockroaches. Now envision your yummy Kryptobite food with disgusting roaches crawling all over it. The more detailed and vivid your image, the more powerful your willpower will become. Do this visualization process regularly – and overtime you will become disgusted by your Kryptobite food. Plus be sure to do this visualization before or during an uncontrollable craving!
“Yummy To Yucky” Tool #2:
Google the yumminess out of your favorite foods! Take some time to read the disgusting ingredients which are actually in your Kryptobite foods!
True DISGUSTING Examples found via Google:
- THERE’S A NOT SO PRETTY STORY BEHIND PRETTY RED FOODS LIKE FRUITY YOGURTS, MARASCHINO CHERRIES, JAMS, CAKES, STRAWBERRY FRAPPUCCINOS, CHERRY ICE CREAM, ETC.. If you enjoy cherry and strawberry foods – or red colored foods in general – then you’ve probably consumed a lot of red dye in your life. This means that you’ve also eaten a lot cochineal beetles – which is where food manufacturer’s get their red food dye. If you want to avoid eating cochineal beetles avoid any artificial red coloring.
- LOVE VANILLA AND RASPBERRY FLAVORED FOODS? LOVE PUDDING AND FROZEN DAIRY DESSERTS? LOVE THINGS WITH “NATURAL FLAVORING”? WELL, THEN… YOU ALSO LOVE “CASTOREUM” – WHICH IS A MIXTURE OF ANAL SECRETIONS AND URINE FROM BEAVERS. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration calls this beaver’s secretion a “generally safe” additive for food. For over 80 years, food scientists have added it to products with raspberry or vanilla flavorings – and/or put it in frozen dairy, gelatins, puddings, and nonalcoholic beverages – often labeling this beaver’s secretion only as “natural flavorings.”
- IF YOU ENJOY CHOCOLATE, THEN YOU ENJOY RAT HAIR. The FDA allows one rat hair per 100 grams in six 100-gram subsamples of chocolate.
- POTATO CHIPS SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH YOUR TOILET BOWL CLEANER. Most toilet bowl cleaners include sodium bisulfite. This ingredient is also used to extend the shelf-life and bleach out the color in potato chips.
- MASS PRODUCED BREADS, DONUTS, BAKED GOODS OF ALL KINDS ARE MADE WITH HUMAN HAIR AND/OR DUCK FEATHERS. Most mass-produced breads use “L-Cysteine” – an amino acid which softens the dough. Unfortunately “L-Cysteine” is made from human hair and/or duck feathers. Although 80% of L-Cysteine is made of human hair, McDonald’s uses the duck feather variety in its Baked Hot Apple Pie and Warm Cinnamon Roll.
- SAYING “CHEESE” WON’T MAKE YOU WANT TO SMILE WHEN YOU READ THIS! Cheese is made from rennet – which is made from calf stomach. Basically, to make cheese, manufacturers slice up a calf’s stomach, soak it in whey and wine or vinegar, and then filter it.
- PROCESSED CHEESE IS LESS THAN 51 PERCENT CHEESE. It’s actually far more accurate to re-name “packaged cheese” as “mysterious cheese-like substance.” Know this now: all cheese products which are “processed” and/or “pasteurized” include lots of gross additives, chemicals and cryptically derived flavorings – which account for up 49 % of the total product.
- SHREDDED CHEESE INCLUDES SHREDDED WOOD PULP. Shredded cheese usually has “Cellulose” as an ingredient –which is virgin wood pulp (aka sawdust). It keeps the cheese shreds from clumping up.
- AVOID FOODS WITH BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL OR BVO. This is a pseudonym for a toxic flame retardant. It’s often put in drinks to keep artificial flavors from separating from the rest of the other liquid.
- WATCH OUT FOR ANYTHING WITH SILICON DIOXIDE. This is a fancy shmancy name for sand. It’s used mostly in liquids like coffee creamer or soup to help absorb humidity.
STOP binge eating, stress eating – and STOP just plain ol’ eating crappy foods! Join THE DO IT PROGRAM – a life-changing digital course – which will rewire your thoughts and emotions around food. Already THE DO IT PROGRAM has helped many thousands of people to slim down and feel good – including myself! These tools helped me to lose 20 pounds in 3 months – and keep the weight off for over 5 years – and still going strong! The DO IT PROGRAM is a digital course you can download right away – do at your own pace – and keep for life!