NOTE: This is a guest blog by the awesome Jewel Gould
Okay. I know this might sounds “selfish” to some people….but I’ve come to the realization that in order to be a great parent (and effectively take care of your kids), you have to ensure that you are taking some dedicated time to take care of yourself!
Mommies, we tend to put everyone else’s needs above our own. And we are sometimes left with feelings of tiredness, worthlessness and mental instability.
Our children need our time, love, patience and presence. They need to have us in a healthy and happy state. If we [...]
You Can’t Buy Happiness – But You Can Buy Gifts that Make People Smile – at a Price that Makes You Smile!
It’s coming up on holiday season! So in the spirit of giving, I’m giving you all some happy discounts.
1. My PRINCE HARMING SYNDROME e-book is now 50% off for a limited time only! Click here NOW! I’ve also recently posted a helpful FAQ – where I answer many common love questions – with some uncommon answers! PRINCE HARMING SYNDROME has been selected by Oprah’s site as a recommended e-book. The tools in it will help you let go of the pain from your past, forgive yourself, forgive your ex(es), help you recognize and let go of bad love habits for good, empower [...]
Last Thursday evening, my 3 year old son Ari came home from daycare, plopped himself down on our sofa, let out a loud sigh, then announced, “Geez. I had a loooooong day!”
This proclamation was then followed by another heavy sigh.
It was funny (at first) to hear my toddler talk like a groaning grown up. Until it occurred to me who the groaning grown up was that taught him to complain about his loooong day at daycare.
Yep, it was me. And yep, I am an inspirational author – who is supposed to recognize the benefits of choosing happy, positive, energizing words.
You know what’s funny? You can easily see all the stupid things other people do—but often you have trouble seeing your own stupid errors. Despite the fact that your error is right smack in front of your nose—or even smack on your cheek.
For example: If you have a smear of ink on your cheek, you won’t be able to see it yourself. You will know only when an honest friend tells you. The same thing goes if you have a problem with being too cheeky.
Personally, I want to be alerted if I’m walking around too inky or cheeky. For this [...]
Love at first sight is easy. It’s love at 1,001st sight that can be very difficult.
Actually, even love at 101st sight can get a bit hairy—about the same time a woman lets her once regularly-waxed legs grow just a little bit hairy – and starts walking around without makeup. This is also a time when a man may feel more relaxed to belch loudly – and walk around without his metaphysical makeup —when he shows his most authentic face.
Guess what else: This is also an exciting time love-wise because it’s when true love blooms—when you both finally show your true [...]
A few months ago I bought a box of Legos online for my 3 year old son Ari. It had superheroes in it. My son loves superheroes. I didn’t realize until the box arrived in our home that it required putting together 567 teeny tiny Lego pieces. Some of those pieces were as tiny as a fingernail.
My son’s fingernail.
“Wow, this looks awesome!” Ari said staring in wide-eyed excitement at the picture of Lego super hero vehicles in action on the box.
I knew in that moment that I was going to have to put on my strongest reading glasses and put [...]
Be Happy No Matter What Your Daily or Weekly Challenges!
Karen's Top 30 Blog Posts
- There are 3 Kinds of Relationships + Only 1 Brings True Happiness
- A big difference between sad people vs. happy people…
- The time has come to forgive your parents…
- My Unanswered Q + A For A Higher Power
- Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.
- If someone has hurt you – deeply to your soul – this Zombie analogy is for you!
- Forgiveness is making the choice to release our offender from a spiritual debt – so we don’t risk mounting spiritual debt from continued anger and resentment.
- Why people self-sabotage their happiness
- How to forgive the unforgiveable…
- If you don’t believe in miracles perhaps you’ve forgotten you are one
- The #1 Contributor To Happiness
- Burnt: An Eventually Happily Ever After Love Story
- A Tail Of Happiness
- Whoever has the most energy wins
- What to tell kids after failure and disappointments
- 10 tips for how not to be a jerk in your next fight
- The Number One Thing to Look for in a Partner
- Want to see HUGE CHANGE in your life?
- A Juicy Happiness Lesson
- The past is good to learn from but not to live in.
- Making ripples…
- Never give up – no matter how much “you gotta be friggin’ kidding me!” life throws at you!
- Struggling to believe everything happens for a reason? Read this now…
- Courage = Happiness
- My 3 favorite words, other than “I love you”
- Want to Lose Weight Fast? Go On A Word Diet!
- Going through a challenging time? Spend time with your hive!
- Let’s remind our girls to love themselves from the inside out.
- Happiness Tool: Avoid Poison Envy. Comparison kills joy.
- A Happiness Secret – which I don’t want you to keep a secret!