When you experience a bad love relationship (or a series of bad love relationships) you can start to feel as if you’re like one of those mice who keep getting an electric shock every time they go for cheese. After a while you think, “Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t go for that cheese any more.”
Similarly, after a while you might start to think, “Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t go for love anymore.”
But you’ve got to have love in your life to be happy! It’s in our human biological nature, says my favorite philosopher buddy Aristotle. He called love an “essential external good” [...]
“But I don’t want to!”
These are now my 3 year old son Ari’s favorite words!
“But I don’t want to!”
These words are now regularly being spoken whenever I ask Ari to do something highly necessary and very important.
My Son’s Major Fodder For A “But I don’t want to!” Rebuttal:
Brush your teeth.
Go to sleep.
Take your bath.
Eat your dinner.
Put away your toys.
When Ari’s not saying “But I don’t want to!” to these essential requests, he’s responding with a 3-syllable version of “Why?” (As in “Whhhhyyyyyyyy?” )
This week I began answering Ari in a way which is “75% self help author words” and only [...]
Here’s a quickie happiness tip – in a mere 14 words:
It is better to be a little wrong – than very right and very alone.
What do I mean by these powerful 14 words?
1. If you’re having repeated relationship problems — consistently thinking “I’m okay, everybody else sucks” — it’s time to start wondering what you (yes, li’l you) might be contributing to those “deja vu people problems” around you.
2. Make sure you’re valuing the right qualities in others and yourself. For example, stop over-valuing “unwavering perfection” “unwavering agreement” and “the ability to mind read one’s every thought and need without openly [...]
I’m a huge fan of meditation – so I’ve created 4 easy to do meditations (listed below). Guess what? Brain researchers and biologists also love meditation! Yep, the many perks from meditating aren’t just some mumbo-jumbo promise. Research shows that meditation sharpens focus, relieves chronic pain, reduces stress, creates greater calm, lowers blood pressure. Plus, meditation also helps you to tap into your intuition and truest feelings. Plus, a regular practice also protects the brain from aging and enhances your ability to learn.
I recognize that a lot of people don’t meditate because they feel they don’t have time – or [...]
NOTE: This is a guest blog by the inspiring Trish Fortune
I live by these time-honored principles (or as my clients so fondly refer to them, “Trish-isms”) in my personal life and have devoted over 20 years to educating and inspiring clients to activate them in their own lives. I can just about guarantee YOUR greatness can be found in these words of wisdom…and if I manufactured raw, gluten-free Fortune cookies, you might just receive one of these “Trish-isms!”
Loving life arises from feeling good mentally and physically
Sound mind. Sound body.
Health is the foundation. Construct the life you love.
Elevate how you [...]
I’d love to invite you into my New York City apartment.
Then I’d love to immediately show you the exit door – and escort you to leave.
You might be thinking, “So, is that the kind of hospitality New Yorkers show?”
The answer: Nope. I just want to show you a photo of the back of my exit door – because I want you to see what I see when I leave my apartment to take my son to daycare.
Every morning as I exit my apartment I am greeted by a poster with the words: “Something awesome is going to happen today. I [...]
Be Happy No Matter What Your Daily or Weekly Challenges!
Karen's Top 30 Blog Posts
- There are 3 Kinds of Relationships + Only 1 Brings True Happiness
- A big difference between sad people vs. happy people…
- The time has come to forgive your parents…
- My Unanswered Q + A For A Higher Power
- Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.
- If someone has hurt you – deeply to your soul – this Zombie analogy is for you!
- Forgiveness is making the choice to release our offender from a spiritual debt – so we don’t risk mounting spiritual debt from continued anger and resentment.
- Why people self-sabotage their happiness
- How to forgive the unforgiveable…
- If you don’t believe in miracles perhaps you’ve forgotten you are one
- The #1 Contributor To Happiness
- Burnt: An Eventually Happily Ever After Love Story
- A Tail Of Happiness
- Whoever has the most energy wins
- What to tell kids after failure and disappointments
- 10 tips for how not to be a jerk in your next fight
- The Number One Thing to Look for in a Partner
- Want to see HUGE CHANGE in your life?
- A Juicy Happiness Lesson
- The past is good to learn from but not to live in.
- Making ripples…
- Never give up – no matter how much “you gotta be friggin’ kidding me!” life throws at you!
- Struggling to believe everything happens for a reason? Read this now…
- Courage = Happiness
- My 3 favorite words, other than “I love you”
- Want to Lose Weight Fast? Go On A Word Diet!
- Going through a challenging time? Spend time with your hive!
- Let’s remind our girls to love themselves from the inside out.
- Happiness Tool: Avoid Poison Envy. Comparison kills joy.
- A Happiness Secret – which I don’t want you to keep a secret!