Be a Rockstar at Kindness
Karen’s Anti-Bullying Program
Vampire stories. Colorful sneakers. Graffiti-art for skateboards.
These are a few of the popular trends right now amongst kids. Unfortunately there are also two more trends going around schools right now: Bullying and cyber-bullying.
Check out these Bullying Statistics:
(Note:Via the U.S. National Institute of Health, SAFE, Tony Bartoli):
- Every 30 minutes a teenager attempts suicide due to bullying.
- About 47 teens are bullied every five minutes.
- Victims of cyber bullying show more signs of depression than other bullying victims.
- Cyber bullying is on the rise in dramatic numbers; it is relentless and more frightening if the bully is anonymous.
- There are about 282,000 students who are reportedly attacked in high schools in our nation each month.
- 71 percent of students report bullying as an ongoing problem.
- “Bullycide” is the new term for suicide as a result of being bullied.
- Teens in grades 6 through 10 are most likely to be involved in activities related to bullying.
- Almost half of all students fear harassment or bullying in the bathroom.
Yes, sadly, bullying is not only happening during school time hours. It’s happening any time a child finds himself in front of a laptop or using their cellphone – which is pretty much all the time. It’s important to keep in mind that bullying represents emotional pain not just for the victim – but for the bully themselves. Both “the bully” and “the bullied” are in huge need of extreme emotional support if we are to put an end to this dangerous trend – or at least create a slow and steady shift away from bullying – which I’m personally on a mission to do. In fact – to be direct – I’m on a mission to create a trend in a whole other direction. I’m on a mission to make kindness trendy – and encourage kids to be excited to become rock stars at kindness.
How? My first step in this direction is to start an open and lively conversation with kids about bullying versus kindness. My plan is to start this dialogue via stylishly designed inspirational art work. Below are some the attention-getting anti-bullying posters I’ve begun to create – which will soon be premiering within the Vegas school district ( Clark County School District ) inside school buses as well as in school hallways and classrooms.
( If you’re someone associated with a school who wants to find out how you too can get my anti-bullying campaign in your district, please reach out to me on my contact page by clicking here now. )
I’m also going to be creating a line of goods which inspire kids to feel and do good. Coming soon you will see a wide range of cellphone covers and laptop stickers which promote kids committing to using their cellphones and laptops for kind communication only. Plus, I’ll be offering a range of tee shirts, skate board stickers, sneaker decals, temporary tattoos and more – all of which promote kids becoming rock stars at kindness.
ANTI-BULLYING FOR SCHOOL BUSES + HALLWAYS
ANTI-CYBER-BULLYING CELLPHONE COVERS
“CORE VALUES” BOOSTERS